- Head Start
How to Apply▶ Overview ▶ Head Start Staff ▶ Services ▶ How to Apply ▶ Employment ▶ Center Addresses ▶ Impact & Success ▶ Calendars ▶ Menus
- Annual Reports
- Board of Directors
- Board Meeting Agenda
- Program Overview
- Operation Warmth
- LADDER Job Training
- Housing Repair
- Block Grant
- Youth Leadership
- Homeless Services
- Head Start Staff
- How to Apply
- Center Addresses
- Impact & Success
- Download Forms
- Photo Gallery
- Customer Complaint
- Community Engagement
SHARE Birth to Five is currently accepting applications for the 2019-2020 School Year, which begins August 20, 2019» Homeless
» in Foster Care
» Receiving TANF» Receiving SSI
» Low-income (based on Federal poverty guidelines)
» Children with special needs/disabilities
Getting StartedReview the Head Start/Early Head Start locations to identify the center nearest to your home. SHARE Head Start does require an email address for each family participating in our programs. There are many free choices available, a popular choice is Gmail.
- Please complete our application for Head Start (3-5 years old) and/or Early Head Start (birth-3 years old).
- After entering the information, click the "I'm not a robot" reCaptcha verification box.
- Click the "Submit Application" button at the bottom of the page to submit your application.
Thank you for submitting your enrollment application. What Happens Next?
- One of our Family Advocates will receive your submission and follow up with you.
- Please provide needed documentation.
- Please make sure you keep your interview appointment. Federal regulations require this interview.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Applicants are responsible to keep us updated if your contact information changes. We also rely on you to respond to our efforts to reach you. We will generally make 3 attempts to contact you and may need to move to the next applicant if we do not receive a response.
- Completing the enrollment application does not guarantee eligibility or enrollment into our programs. Enrollment is based on slot availability and filled according to greatest need.
- Our offices are open Monday-Friday from 8:00am - 4:30pm. Please call us at (864) 233-4128 if you have any questions.
You must bring the following documents to the interview:
- Proof of 2018 Family* income (W-2/1040, Child Support, TANF/SSI payments, etc.
- Proof of child's birth (Birth Certificate, Passport, etc.)
- Child's S.C. Certificate of Immunization
- Documentation of applicant's disability (if applicable)
- Pregnant Women applicants must provide income and proof of insurance
*The Office of Head Start defines FAMILY as: 1) All persons living in the home supported by the applicant's parent/guardian AND 2) Related to the parent/guardian by blood, marriage, or adoption.
If the person attempting to complete the application is not the parent of the applicant, documents (custody agreements, guardianship/caregiver orders, signed parental statements, foster care contract) giving permission to apply for educational and health services should be provided if available.
APPLICATION FOLLOW-UP INFORMATIONSELECTED FOR ENROLLMENT If your child is selected for enrollment the parent/guardian will receive a Registration Letter, which will inform you of what steps are required for completion of the enrollment process. This process will include having to return to complete Registration forms.
WAITLISTED If your child is not selected, parent/guardian will receive a Waitlist Letter and child will be placed on a center waitlist according to your address or parent's request. This will not guarantee your child a slot this year, but does leave that possibility open when vacancies do occur.
Early Head Start Applicants If you have completed an Early Head Start application for your child, and your child becomes age eligible for Head Start, you will be required to complete a new application for Head Start.
If you have further enrollment questions contact:
Shaylunn Tolbert, Social Services Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shirley Fant, Social Services Specialist, email@example.com
George Hicks, Social Services Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org